Need Hebrew Translation Services?
Hebrew Legal Translation | Hebrew Medical translation | Hebrew Certified Translation | Notarized Hebrew Translation | Official Translation to Hebrew
Hebrew is one of the Canaanite group of languages. Hebrew is the liturgical language of Judaism. It is the official language in Israel. The capital of Israel is Jerusalem. ISO language code – IL. The Israel flag is a blue hexagram on a white background, between two horizontal blue stripes.
Professional Hebrew Translation Services Worldwide
1. Littera24 translation agency provides professional Hebrew translation services for more than 10 years globally.
2. Littera24 translation agency provides document translation services, website translation, software localization. The agency translates in other language combinations like French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, and more than 80+ world languages.
3. Important! Littera24 translation agency selects a suitable and professional Hebrew linguist based on the content of the source material and the final target language to ensure the best translation quality.
4. When executing an order of Hebrew translation services, when Hebrew is the target language, the translation is performed by Hebrew translators and native speakers.
5. All Hebrew translators are tested, have appropriate education, experience, and checked references.
6. Professional translators use modern translators’ tools and new technologies to preserve the same terminology throughout the translation project and provide a professional result.
7. To exclude all kinds of errors and inaccuracies a professional Hebrew editor reads the translation after it is finished.
8. Littera24 translation agency is an online Hebrew translator into Hebrew and vice versa. The translation is carried out by a human translator, who is always available in our translation agency Littera24. Order translation online.
Hebrew language services with 100% quality
Myths about Hebrew
There are many myths around the Hebrew language. Here are the more popular.
The Jewish language or Hebrew?
Hebrew is the modern Jewish language of the Semitic family. As a language of communication, it disappeared around the 4th century, but by the 1880s it was restored by the Sephardim. Today, about 7 million people speak Hebrew in Israel and another 2 million Jews in the world.
But the population in Israel is about 8 million people, most of them are Jews (76.4%). Other ethnic groups live in the country, such as Arabs, Palestinians, and representatives of several other ethnic-religious groups – Samaritans, Druze.
Is Arabic the official language in Israel?
Arabic has a special status – the majority of the population speaks Hebrew. The official language of Israel is only Hebrew. Arabic is spoken not only by the Arab and Palestinian minorities living in the country but also by Jews who came to Israel from Arab countries. Russian and Amharic are also widespread.
Is Yiddish is the same as Hebrew?
The languages are very similar only in script. Yiddish uses Hebrew letters. Yiddish is a German dialect written in Hebrew letters and containing Hebrew words. Also, the Hebrew in Yiddish is pronounced rather differently from modern Hebrew. The languages are very different to be mutually intelligible.
The alphabet consists of 22 letters.
Words are written from right to left (except for numbers). In Hebrew, there is no capital letter either at the beginning of a sentence or at the beginning of a person’s name. There are practically no vowels in the alphabet. Vowels are expressed with special signs, such as periods and hyphens, called “nekudot”. Capital letters are not used for writing; you need to know how to read them.
The letter is not related, i.e. letters are not compatible with each other. In rare cases, due to the speed of writing, they are still in contact with each other. The letters are almost the same (only a few of them protrude or fall out of line). Handwritten semi-oval and oval font. Each letter can also represent a specific number (for example, the letter “ALEF” = 1, “BET” = 2, etc.)
Hebrew Writing Examples
- Letter: BET
- Sounds: b, v
- Numerical value (gematria): 2
- Example: ובע = kOva = hat
- בּוקר = bOker = morning
The letter “BET” can transmit 2 sounds: “b” and “v”. With a dot inside (ּב), it reads as “b,” and without a dot, “v.” Remember! If the word begins with the letter “BET,” then it will definitely be “b.” And also this letter ב – a preposition, roughly corresponds to “v” in English.
We guarantee full confidentiality of your documents because we work under NDA agreements (non-disclosure) with our translators and other suppliers. Clients are safe with us.
⭐ Price request within 30 minutes ⭐
We can help you with a Hebrew translation from or into Hebrew! We also work with more than 80 other languages. Ask our project manager about your language pair.
Order a Hebrew translation online or call us today!