Professional Norwegian Translation Services
It belongs to the North Germanic language group and is closely related to Swedish and Danish. Norwegian is the official language of Norway and is also used in the United States, Canada, and Sweden.
The capital of Norway (the Kingdom of Norway) is Oslo. Norway is a Nordic country in Northern Europe. ISO language code – NO. The Norwegian flag is red with an indigo blue Scandinavian cross fimbriated in white that extends to the edges of the flag.
Littera24 is your online Nordic translation agency worldwide. Littera24 Norwegian translation agency can start your Norwegian translation project today.
Norwegian Document Translation: When is it Needed?
This service is required to process various sources:
- contracts and agreements
- project estimate documents
- scientific research works
- passports and birth certificates
- marriage and divorce certificates
- marriage contracts
- documents for receiving an inheritance
- court documents
- patent documents
High-quality Norwegian Translation Services
1. Littera24 is a Norwegian language service provider since 2010, which is offering professional and high-quality Norwegian language translation services.
2. Since the head office of Littera24 translation agency is located in Northern Europe, Littera24 can offer high-quality Norwegian translation services at low prices.
3. Littera24 translation agency provides document translation services from English into Norwegian, but also vice versa, and in other language combinations as French, German, Italian, Chinese, and more than 80 world languages.
4. Important! Littera24 translation agency selects a suitable and professional Norwegian translator based on the content of the source material and the final target language.
5. When executing an order of Norwegian translation services, when Norwegian is the target language, the translation is performed by Norwegian translators and native speakers.
6. All Norwegian translators are tested, have appropriate education, experience, and checked references.
7. Professional Norwegian translators use modern translators’ tools and new technologies to preserve the same terminology throughout the translation project and provide a professional result.
8. To exclude all kinds of errors and inaccuracies a professional Norwegian editor reads the translation after it is finished.
Norwegian translators are available at the Littera24 translation agency. We work with more than 20 Norwegian translators and proofreaders.
We can help you with Norwegian to English translation! We work with more than 80 world languages as well. Ask our manager for your language pair.
Popular Norwegian Translation Services
Norwegian translation services are very demanded from our Scandinavian and European clients, but the most popular translation service is from Norwegian to English and from Swedish to Norwegian.
Norwegian to English translation services are performed only by English native speaking translators if the target language is English.
A Bit of History
Norwegian, Swedish and Danish are derived from the Old Norse language used by the Vikings living in the Scandinavian territories. The Old Norse language was based on the runes alphabet, so it did not undergo major changes, and modern Norwegian developed until the 14th century when languages began to gradually differ from one another.
It is believed that in 872 King Harald I Fairhair declared Norway as a single territory first. In the 11th century, Christianity was introduced in Norway, which also led to the introduction of the Latin alphabet. The development of the Norwegian language was strongly influenced by the unification of Norway and Denmark in 1380. Danish was declared the official language of the Union.
The Norwegian Alphabet
During the period from the 16th to the 19th century, the Danish language was partially adopted and adapted to the Norwegian language, as a result, Norwegian (Bokmål) or ‘book language’ was created.
It was based on Danish vocabulary and grammar and Norwegian phonetics. In the 19th century, the New Norwegian language (Nynorsk) was also created.
In modern Norway, both Norwegian Bokmål and New Norwegian Nynorsk are used – both are taught at school and used in the mass media. Even today, Danes and Norwegians understand each other even when they speak their own language.
The Norwegian alphabet consists of 29 letters.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z Æ Ø Å
Writing Examples in Norwegian:
- Hello! – Hei
- Good morning! – God morgen
- Good afternoon! – God ettermiddag
- Good evening! – God kveld
- Welcome! – Velkommen
- Hello, my friend! – Hei, vennen min!
- How are you? (friendly) – Hvordan går det
- I’m fine thanks! – Jeg har det bra!
- What is your name? – Hva heter du
- How do you say “thank you” in Norwegian? – Hvordan sier du “takk” på norsk?
How Many People Speak Norwegian?
4.7 million people worldwide speak Norwegian.
We guarantee full confidentiality of your documents because we work under NDA agreements (non-disclosure) with our translators and other suppliers. Clients are safe with us.
Price calculation within 30 minutes
It is simply to translate to Norwegian. Order online Norwegian translation services to English and vice versa online or call us today!
If you have any questions, please ask our manager.