Latvian Translation Services - Littera24 Professional Translation Agency in Latvia
Legal Latvian translation | Medical Latvian translation | Certified Latvian translation | Notarized translation into Latvian | Official Latvian to English translation | Latvian translation services online
It is the mother tongue of about 1.7 million people in Latvia, where it is the only official language. The capital of Latvia is Riga. The Latvian flag is carmine red with a white horizontal stripe.
The largest Latvian-speaking communities outside Latvia are in the United Kingdom, the United States, Ireland, Australia, Germany, Sweden, Canada, the Russian Federation. Latvian belongs to the Baltic language group of the Indo-European language family.
Professional Latvian Translation Services
1. Littera24 is a Latvian language service provider since 2010, which is offering professional and high-quality Latvian language translation services.
2. Since the head office of Littera24 translation agency is located in Latvia, Littera24 can offer high-quality translation services into Latvian at low prices.
3. Littera24 translation agency provides document translation services from English into Latvian, but also vice versa and in other language combinations as French, German, Italian, Chinese and more than 80 world languages.
4. Important! Littera24 translation agency selects a suitable and professional Latvian translator based on the content of the source material and the final target language.
5. When executing an order of Latvian translation services, when Latvian is the target language, the translation is performed by Latvian translators and native speakers.
6. All Latvian translators are tested, have appropriate education, experience and checked references.
7. Professional Latvian translators use modern translators’ tools and new technologies to preserve the same terminology throughout the translation project and provide a professional result.
8. To exclude all kinds of errors and inaccuracies a professional Latvian editor reads the translation after it is finished.
Certified Latvian Translation & Notarized Translations from/into Latvian
At Littera24 you can not only translate a website or document from English to Latvian, German to Latvian or any other language. You can also certify the translation by ordering notarization or legalize it with an Apostille.
Our Latvian translators are mostly certified translators, we have more than 40 Latvian translators in our database.
Latvian Translation Areas
Here you can translate to Latvian or to another language and vice versa. It is a topical service for both business and personal needs.
This service is widespread in the corporate environment:
- processing technical documents
- project estimates or legal documents
- correspondence or establishing international companies
- business relations
It is on high demand among ordinary people who plan tourist trips or want to get to know Latvia’s cultural heritage. Often translation of literature, translation of scientific materials, information leaflets, architectural monument descriptions and medical references is ordered.
Latvian translators are available at Littera24 translation agency. In accordance with the translation testing and evaluation system of Littera24 all Latvian translators are tested, have appropriate education, experience and checked references.
Every client can translate a document into Latvian from a foreign language extremely easy, he just needs to contact human Latvian translators of Littera24.
Latvian Translation: Who Needs It?
The service is used to process the following primary source material:
- private documents: passports, birth certificates, driver licenses, marriage certificates
- scientific research works
- literary works and their reviews
- written and online correspondence
- legal documents: court decisions, power of attorney, legal agreements
A Bit of Latvian History
The origins of written and literary language can be traced back to the 16th century, when the first books in Latvian were published. It is reported that the first book was published in 1525 however it has not been found.
In the 17th century there were major terminology problems while describing nature, mechanics, because, apart from religion, terms in other fields were not developed yet. In the 19th century the first novels were written in Latvian. In 1940, following the incorporation of the Republic of Latvia into the Soviet Union, the preconditions for the linguistic assimilation of the peoples of Latvia were rapidly developing.
The status of the official language disappeared, and the significance of the Latvian language was narrowed down. On 6 October 1988, a decision was made to grant Latvian the status of an official language. In addition, the State Language Law was adopted in 1999 which currently is in force. Today, the language is used in all areas of life.
The alphabet is Latin. It has a total of 33 letters.
Aa, Āā, Bb, Cc, Čč, Dd, Ee, Ēē, Ff, Gg, Ģģ, Hh, Ii, Īī, Jj, Kk, Ķķ, Ll, Ļļ, Mm, Nn, Ņņ, Oo, Pp, Rr, Ss, Šš, Tt, Uu, Ūū, Vv, Zz, Žž.
How Many People Speak Latvian?
It is spoken by about 2 million people in the world.
Writing Examples in Latvian
- Hi!– Sveiks!
- Good morning! – Labrīt!
- Good evening!– Labvakar!
- Yes – Jā
- No – Nē
- Thank you! – Paldies!
- Sorry … – Atvainojiet…
- I don’t speak Latvian. – Es nerunāju latviski.
Our Most Requested Latvian Translations
Latvian Language Services with 100% Quality
It is much more profitable to translate into Latvian with a translation agency in Latvia compare to other countries. Latvian translation services by Littera24 are always fast and efficient way to get professional translations.
You can look at the costs for Latvian translation services in the Translation prices or ask our manager. However, the final translation costs are calculated individually after evaluating the materials provided.
We guarantee full confidentiality of your documents because we work under NDA agreements (non- disclosure) with our translators and other suppliers. Clients are safe with us.
⭐ Price calculation within 30 minutes ⭐
To translate to Latvian is easy. If you need to translate from English to Latvian, translate Russian to Latvian or vice versa, fill out the application online or call Littera24 today!
Littera24 can help you with Latvian to English translation services! Littera24 works with more than 80 other languages as well. Ask our manager for your language pair.