Latvian Translation Services – Professional Translation Agency Littera
Legal Latvian translation | Medical Latvian translation | Certified Latvian translation | Notarized translation into Latvian| Official translation Latvian to English
About Latvian language
Latvian is the mother tongue of about 1.7 million people, mostly living in Latvia, where it is the only official language. The largest Latvian-speaking communities outside Latvia are in the United Kingdom, the United States, Ireland, Australia, Germany, Sweden, Canada, the Russian Federation.
Latvian belongs to the Baltic language group of the Indo-European language family. Littera Translation Agency provides a wide array of translation services into Latvian, listed at the end of this article.
How Many People Speak Latvian
It is spoken by about 2 million people in the world.
Professional Latvian Translation Services
1. Littera Translation Agency provides professional Latvian translation services more than 10 years.
2. Littera Translation Agency provides the translation of documents from English into Latvian, but also vice versa and in other language combinations like French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese and more than 80 world languages.
3.Important! Littera Translation Agency selects a suitable and professional linguist based on the content of the source material and the final target language.
4. When executing an order for translation, when Latvian is the target language, the translation is performed by Latvian translators and native speakers.
5. All Latvian translators are tested, have appropriate education, experience and checked references.
6.Professional translators use modern translators’ tools and new technologies to preserve the same terminology throughout the translation project and provide a professional result.
7.To exclude all kinds of errors and inaccuracies a professional editor reads the translation after it is finished.
Certified Latvian Translation &
Notarized Translations from/into Latvian
In our Agency you can not only translate a website or document from English to Latvian, German to Latvian or any other language, but also certify the translation by ordering notarization or legalize it with an Apostille. Our Latvian translators are mostly certified translators, we have more than 40 Latvian translators in our database.
Latvian Translation Areas
To translate a text from Latvian to another language and vice versa is a topical service in both business and private life. This service is widespread in the corporate environment: processing technical, project estimates or legal documents, correspondence or establishing international business relations.
It is on high demand among ordinary people who plan tourist trips or want to get to know Latvia’s cultural heritage. Often translation of literature, translation of science, information leaflets, architectural monuments and medical translation is ordered.
A native Latvian translator is available at the Littera translation agency. In accordance with the translation testing and evaluation system of Littera all Latvian translators are tested, have appropriate education, experience and checked references.
Every client can translate the document into Latvian from a foreign language extremely easy, he just needs to contact human translators of Littera. We can help you with a Latvian to English translation! We work with more than 80 other languages as well. Ask our manager for your language pair.
Latvian Translation: Who Needs It?
The service is used to process the following primary source material:
- private documents;
- scientific research works;
- literary works and their reviews;
- written and online correspondence;
- legal documents: court decisions, power or attorney, legal agreements, etc.
A Bit of Latvian History
The origins of written and literary language can be traced back to the 16th century, when the first books in Latvian were published. It is reported that the first book was published in 1525 however it has not been found.
In the 17th century there were major terminology problems while describing nature, mechanics, because, apart from religion, terms in other fields were not developed yet. In the 19th century the first novels were written in Latvian. In 1940, following the incorporation of the Republic of Latvia into the Soviet Union, the preconditions for the linguistic assimilation of the peoples of Latvia were rapidly developing.
The status of the official language disappeared and the meaning of the Latvian language was narrowed. On 6 October 1988, a decision was made to grant Latvian the status of an official language. In addition, the State Language Law was adopted in 1999 which currently is in force. Today, the language is used in all spheres of life.
The alphabet is Latin. It has a total of 33 letters.
Aa, Āā, Bb, Cc, Čč, Dd, Ee, Ēē, Ff, Gg, Ģģ, Hh, Ii, Īī, Jj, Kk, Ķķ, Ll, Ļļ, Mm, Nn, Ņņ, Oo, Pp, Rr, Ss, Šš, Tt, Uu, Ūū, Vv, Zz, Žž.
Writing Examples in Latvian
- Hi!– Sveiks!
- Good morning! – Labrīt!
- Good evening!– Labvakar!
- Yes – Jā
- No – Nē
- Thank you! – Paldies!
- Sorry … – Atvainojiet…
- I don’t speak Latvian. – Es nerunāju latviski.
You can look at the costs for Latvian translation services in the “Translation prices“ section.
Latvian Language Services with 100% Quality
- Latvian translation into English
- Latvian translation into Russian
- Lithuanian translation into Latvian
- certified translation English to Latvian
- translation of documents from English to Latvian
- English to Latvian translation services
- notarized translation Latvian to English
- localization of software and games into Latvian
- localization of sites into Latvian
- editing into/from Latvian
- medical translation into/from Latvian
- translation of science into/from Latvian
- literature translation into/from Latvian
- translation of poetry into/from Latvian
- translation of books into/from Latvian
Our Most Requested Translations into Latvian:
- English – Latvian
- Norwegian – Latvian
- Swedish – Latvian
- German – Latvian
- French – Latvian
- Czech – Latvian
- Lithuanian – Latvian
- French – Latvian
- Russian– Latvian
- Danish – Latvian
- Estonian – Latvian
- Finnish – Latvian
- Arabic – Latvian
We guarantee full confidentiality of your documents because we work under NDA agreements (non- disclosure) with our translators and other suppliers. Clients are safe with us.