Spanish (Castilian Spanish or Castellano) is the language of the Indo-European language family, the Romance language group. Spanish is another widely used language and is used by around 527 million people worldwide. It is used not only in Spain, but also in very large parts of Central and almost all of South America.
Spanish belongs to the Romance language group and is related to languages such as French, Portuguese, Italian, Romanian, etc.
There are 21 countries in the world where Spanish is an official language. For example, Equatorial Guinea is the only country in Africa where the official language is Spanish.
How Many People Speak Spanish
It is about 438 million people in the world.
Official Spanish to English Translation of Documents: When is it Needed?
This service is required to process various source materials:
- passports and birth certificates;
- green cards, resumes;
- contracts and agreements;
- project estimate documents;
- scientific research works,
- marriage and divorce certificates;
- marriage contracts;
- documents for receiving inheritance;
- court documents.
Professional Spanish to English Translation Service
1. Littera Translation Agency provides professional Spanish to English translation services more than 10 years.
2. Littera Translation Agency provides the translation of documents from Spanish into English, but also vice versa and in other language combinations like French, German, Italian, Chinese and more than 80 world languages.
3.Important! Littera Translation Agency selects a suitable and professional linguist based on the content of the source material and the final target language.
4. When executing an order for translation, when English is the target language, the translation is performed by English translators and native speakers.
5. All Spanish translators are tested, have appropriate education, experience and checked references.
6. Professional Spanish translators use modern translators’ tools and new technologies to preserve the same terminology throughout the translation project and provide a professional result.
7.To exclude all kinds of errors and inaccuracies a professional editor reads the translation after it is finished.
A Spanish translator is available at the Littera Translation Agency upon your request. We have more than 10 Spanish translators and proofreaders.
We can help you with Spanish to English translation! We work with more than 80 other languages. Ask our manager for your language pair.
A Bit of History
Spanish dates back to 218 AD, when the Romans arrived on the Iberian Peninsula. It developed like other Romance languages, from vulgar Latin. The Moorish invasion of the 8th century left a great impression not only on the art and culture of the region, but also on the language – many nouns, place names and even several surnames were taken from the Arabic language.
Spanish Language Features
Albufera, Guadalajara and La Mancha, for example, are just a few of the place names that come from the Arabic language. What is also interesting about the language is the existence of word pairs – words of the same meaning, such as oliva-aceituna (olive) and escorpión-alacrán (scorpion). In the 15th century, the language traveled to Central America, South America and even several parts of North America.
Although the language is the same and people are able to talk even if one is from Spain and the other is from Argentina there are differences between the Spanish and Latin American languages.
For example, if in Spanish Spanish there are both “vosotros” and “ustedes” (informal and formal “you”), in Latin American Spanish the address is much more formal and even your friends are addressed with “ustedes” (formally – you). The most pronounced difference is in the pronunciation of words, for example, in some pronouns the ending “s” is dropped.
The Spanish alphabet is a modified version of the Latin alphabet consisting of 27 letters.
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, Ñ, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.
Why Spanish is Castilian?
Because the Spanish language originates from the Castile region of Spain, it is also often referred to as Castilian. The Spanish language has more different Spanish dialects that we work as Puerto Rican, Cuban, Castilian, Mexican, Catalan and all others.
Our Most Frequently Requested Spanish Translations:
- English – Spanish
- Norwegian – Spanish
- Swedish – Spanish
- German – Spanish
- French – Spanish
- Czech – Spanish
- Lithuanian – Spanish
- Russian – Spanish
- Latvian – Spanish
- Danish – Spanish
- Estonian – Spanish
- Finnish – Spanish
Spanish Translation Services for Different Purposes:
- certified translation English to Spanish
- official translation Spanish to English
- certified Spanish to English translator
- translate a document from English to Spanish
- English to Spanish translation services
- notarized translation Spanish to English
- text translation from English to Spanish
- localization of sites from Spanish to English
- editing into/from Spanish
- medical translation into/from Spanish
- translation of science into/from Spanish
- literature translation into/from Spanish
- translation of poetry into/from Spanish
- translation of books into/from Spanish
- legal translation from Spanish to English
We guarantee full confidentiality of your documents because we work under NDA agreements (non- disclosure) with our translators and other suppliers. Clients are safe with us.