Need French Language Translation Service ?
Legal French translation | Medical French translation | Certified French translation | Notarized translation into French | Official translation French to English
French belongs to Romance languages and is related to Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Romanian, and other languages. We offer French translation service, that will help to understand your text.
It is the official language not only in France, but also in Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Canada, Monaco, and 21 country in Africa where lives the biggest number of French users.
Mostly is being used in former French colonies, for example, Senegal, Tunisia, Algeria, Gabon, etc. Same as other Romance languages, French evolved from vulgar Latin that was mainly used by common people and less educated individuals.
The language was influenced by Celtic and Occitan language that were spoken correspondingly in the Northern and Southern parts of France. The first texts written in French comes from the far year 842. Those are Strasbourg Oats written by two grandsons of Charles the Great.
How Many People Speak French?
The number of French users goes up to 229 million in the world.
A Bit of History
Old French (9th-13th century), Middle French (14th-15th century), Classical French (16th-17th century), and Modern French (starting 17th century).
French that is used in different countries differs from standard language in France.
The French used in Quebec, in Canada differs strongly. It has been heavily influenced by English, especially after the introduction of television and radio in everyday life. Not only words in use differ, but also the syntax. In Belgium, French is the official language in Wallonia, including the eastern part, where German is predominantly spoken.
In Switzerland, French is one of the four official languages (the rest are German, Italian and Rhetoric). It is mainly used on the western side of the country. About 20% of the Swiss population has French as their mother tongue.
The French Alphabet
It is derived from the Latin alphabet. French has two grammatical genders (male article: le, female article: la); adjectives usually follow nouns (with a few exceptions), they are compatible with gender and number nouns.
Did you know?
French has 4 verb expressions and a wide tense system. The exact number of times in French is hard to name, but it’s around 20-22 (if we take all the expressions into account).
Official French Translation of Documents: When is it Needed?
This service is required to process various source materials:
- passports and birth certificates;
- contracts and agreements;
- project estimate documents;
- scientific research works,
- marriage and divorce certificates,
- marriage contracts;
- documents for receiving inheritance;
- court documents.
Professional French Translation Services
1.The Littera Translation Agency provides professional French translation services more than 10 years.
2. Littera Translation Agency provides document translation, website translation, software localization from English into French and vice versa. The agency translates in other language combinations like Russian, Italian, Spanish, Chinese and more than 80+ world languages.
3.Important! Littera Translation Agency selects a suitable and professional linguist based on the content of the source material and the final target language.
4. When executing an order for translation, when French is the target language, the translation is performed by French translators and native speakers.
5. All French translators are tested, have appropriate education, experience and checked references.
6.Professional translators use modern translators’ tools and new technologies to preserve the same terminology throughout the translation project and provide a professional result.
7.To exclude all kinds of errors and inaccuracies a professional French editor reads the translation after it is finished.
A French translator is available at the Littera Translation Agency. We have more than 10 French translators and proofreaders.
We can help you with a French to English translation! As well we work with more than 80 world languages. Ask our manager for your language pair.
You can look at the costs for French translation services in the “Translation prices“ section.
Our Most Frequently Used French Translations:
- English – French
- Spanish – French
- Swedish – French
- German – French
- Estonian – French
- Czech – French
- Latvian – French
- Italian – French
- Finnish – French
- Russian– French
- Danish – French
- Lithuanian – French
100% Quality Translation Services
- certified translation French to English
- French translation to English
- English to French translation services
- notarized translation French to English
- localization of games into French
- localization of sites into French
- editing into/from French
- medical translation into/from French
- translation of science into/from French
- literature translation into/from French
- translation of books into/from French
- legal translation into/from French
We guarantee full confidentiality of your documents because we work under NDA agreements (non- disclosure) with our translators and other suppliers. Clients are safe with us.