It is a North German language, the official language of Denmark and the Faroe Islands (alongside the Faroese language). Until 1830 it was one of the official languages in Norway and until 1944 it was one of the official languages in Iceland. The Translation Agency Littera offers easy and fast Danish Translation Services.
How Many People Speak Danish
It is about 5.6 million speakers in the world.
The Peculiarities of the Danish
The nouns contain only two grammatical genders – the common gender and the middle gender. Since most Danish nouns (about 75%) belong to the same-sex gender, and the middle gender is often used to refer to inanimate objects, it is impossible to predict the grammatical gender of the noun.
A characteristic feature of the Danish numerical system is the use of the number 20, for example “sixty” in Danish – tre-sinds-tyve (literally “three times twenty”) and “fifty” – haltredje-sinds-tyve (literally “twice”) twenty and a half of twenty “).
The oldest kept inscriptions in Danish are runic alphabets. After Christianity was adopted in Denmark, the Latin alphabet was used, which practically replaced the writing of runes until the end of the early Middle Ages.
Official Danish Translation of Documents: When is it Needed?
This service is required to process various source material:
- contracts and agreements;
- project estimate documents;
- scientific research works,
- passports and birth certificates;
- marriage and divorce certificates,
- marriage contracts;
- documents for receiving inheritance;
- court documents
It must be understood that the translation of documents is provided not only from Danish into English, but also vice versa. In our office you can order translations in both directions. In addition, the appropriate linguist is selected according to the content of the source and the orientation towards the language group requested in the final document. To avoid any errors and inaccuracies, the text is read by a professional editor after translation.
A Danish translator is available at the Littera Translation Agency. We have about 10 Danish translators and proofreaders.
We can help you with Danish to English translation! We work with more than 80 other languages. Ask our manager for your language pair.
Our Most Frequently Used Danish Translations:
- English – Danish
- Norwegian – Danish
- Swedish – Danish
- German – Danish
- French – Danish
- Czech – Danish
- Lithuanian – Danish
- Russian – Danish
- Latvian – Danish
- Spanish – Danish
- Estonian – Danish
- Finnish – Danish
Translation Services Provided:
- certified translation from English to Danish
- official translation from Danish to English
- certified Danish to English translator
- translation of documents from English to Danish
- English to Danish translation services
- notarized translation Danish to English
- text translation from English to Danish
- localization of sites into Danish
- editing into/from Danish
- medical translation into/from Danish
- translation of science into/from Danish
- literature translation into/from Danish
- translation of poetry into/from Danish
- translation of books into/from Danish
- legal translation into/from Danish
We guarantee full confidentiality of your documents because we work under NDA agreements (non- disclosure) with our translators and other suppliers. Clients are safe with us.
Price quotation within 30 minutes.
To do this, fill in the online form provided on the website or call Littera today!